Welcome to the training course for the Open Source Spatial Electrification Tool (OnSSET). This course contains all the modules needed to succesfully install and run the OnSSET model.
This training provides an overview of geospatial electrification planning for universal access. The scope of this course is to display the policy-making implications of geo-spatial modelling outputs using OnSSET. In this course, you will learn how to develop a geo-spatial investment plan to meet electrification goals and learn how to communicate your results in an efficiently.
Target audience: Energy planners, academia and utility representatives.
Key components of this course include:
- Basic concepts of geospatial analysis (data types and standards, processing environment, projection systems and basic GIS functions)
- Overview of the Open Source Spatial Electrification Tool
- Interpretation of modelling results for strategy development and policy formulation
This material was developed in conjunction with capacity building efforts supported by:
- The World Bank
- Energy Sector Management Assistance Program (ESMAP)
- The OpTIMUS community
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA)
- Oxford Policy and Management
- International Centre of Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
- Cambridge University
- Smart Development Works (SNV)